Nerdrium Home

Past entries























Archived Entries from February 2006


Okay, my wife can make fun of me all that she wants.

But this is too cool.

My monitors arrived today...

And yes, I had to add a second video card (an ATI 9200 PCI). And I turned the machine off, installed the card, plugged in all the monitors, and turned everything on. And it all worked. On. The. First. Try.

No drivers. No registry. No installer floppies. No configuration. No nothing. I plugged it all in, and it worked. Woo hoo!

Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006, 8:00 pm
Mood: Awesome | 3 comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Tee Hee...

Sorry, but I just had to post this. I just stumbled across this while looking for something on Google News. I did a bit of a double take, to say the least...

Posted: Friday, February 24, 2006, 7:18 pm
Mood: Amused | 1 comment| Article URL | Post a comment

Spy Falcon

So much for not working on any more peecees this week....

My boss showed up yesterday morning in my doorway with his home computer under his arm. After hooking it up to a monitor and starting things up I found a wonderful neat new thing called Spy Falcon. Wonderful.

And this computer has had problems from the start. It was initially hooked up to broadband without a hardware firewall to protect it (because Windoze built-in "firewall" software is just as good--yeah, right...) and got completely overrun with spyware and everything else. So bad, in fact, that at one point it got completely screwed up while trying to install "Service Pack 2." My boss was on the phone with a dude in India for several hours "rolling back" the update (or something). Now Windows Update really won't work at all.

Needless to say, I'm starting from scratch, and we're not using that awful "Home" version of Windows XP. I installed the hard drive in my machine at home (which only made me half-nervous, to be honest) and started copying what I could. Unfortunately, Windows has this stupid thing where if it is copying a kajillion files and halfway through finds one it doesn't like, it just stops right there. Thanks! Thanks for the help! So after fighting with it for a few hours I installed it in my G4 and just dumped the entire drive into a directory here. Groan.

And of course I'm suffering from insomnia tonight (this morning?) because I'm somewhat stressed about all of this. Telling my dad that his computer is screwed up and I need to reformat it and, oops, I may have not gotten all of his settings backed up first is one thing. My boss is a different story (and my boss is the nicest guy in the world--don't get me wrong--I just don't want to have to give him any bad news...). So I now have a 13 gig directory on my G4 full of *everything*.

And it looks like the format just finished. Now I can at least get the hard drive back into the machine from whence it came and get it the heck out of my Windows machine. Ick.

Spy Falcon. Groan...

Posted: Friday, February 24, 2006, 9:02 am
Mood: Wired | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment


Well, I've taken the plunge. The last set upgrades for my aging G4 have been ordered. I picked up the final corrections last night for the book I've been typesetting, which means that the light at the end of the tunnel is near, and most importantly, that I can soon submit a bill. The coolest part is that we've been doing so well budget-wise that I don't have to spend a single dime of this money on bills or anything else. So computer parts it is (and believe it or not, I may even have enough left over to buy a new stove as well--how cool will that be?).

Last night I placed the main part of my order--three 19" flat panel monitors. I wanted to get two of them, but I hemmed and hawwed around and lo and behold the price has been going down steadily that entire time. When I was originally pricing them they were in the $300 range but now with a couple of rebates and price drops, I got them for about $220 each. Not quite 3 for the price of 2, but pretty close. And since I have to order a second video card anyway why not use all the available video ports? I also ordered a 16 port Linksys switch.

And that means I need to (I need to do this anyway) redo my "network closet." One of the big things I need to do is run a fourth cat5e cable into the Nerdrium (our new laser printer arrives today, and the one I got can be networked, so I need a fourth ethernet port in there). It's a tight fit, but right now the slim plastic pipe has three cat5e wires and two phone lines, and I don't need the phone lines anymore so I'm hoping that pulling them out will create the necessary space for the cat5e cable. We'll see...

Anyway, today I ordered the additional video card, an ATI 9200 (PCI) that will power two of the monitors. I also ordered a Sonnet ATA133 card so that I can use that 300 gig drive that my dad bought for his iMac before we found out the iMac was dead.

I'm already full of RAM at 1.5 gigs. The only other thing I could foresee would be to replace the two 40 gig drives on the primary IDE channel with 120 gig drives. But that's certainly nothing urgent.

Phew. Spending all of this money at once makes me nervous...

Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006, 1:53 pm
Mood: Excited | 2 comments | Article URL | Post a comment

No I Will Not Fix Your Computer

I am wearing that shirt every day for the rest of my life. In fact, maybe I'll order six more so I'll have a clean one for every day of the week.


Remember the "theoretically" part of hooking up routers for co-workers? I was at one house for three hours and the other for an hour and a half. And I had to go back to the first one yesterday because they unplugged their cable modem to move it and it apparently lost the signal. How stupid is that? So every time the power goes out it has to be reconfigured? And the thing that stinks is that when you run the set-up program from the cable company, it adds itself to the startup items. And every time that program starts, it makes you reconfigure your connection. That is, you configure it, get it working, restart the computer, and then the stupid program starts up again, which effectively chops off the connection and makes you jump through the hoops to reconnect. Every. damn. time. SO, you have to launch the program, get the connection working, then edit the registry to remove the program from the startup items list. Yeah, that's something your average user should have to do. Groan.

And then our secretary had the department computer people add Office, etc., to her new laptop for her. Which is all well and good, but they installed a bunch of spyware/adware crap as well. Apparently Adaware has this utility that pops up a window every time anything tries to write to the registry and makes you click to allow it or not. Now I understand the usefulness of a program like that, but really. Unless you understand what should and shouldn't be writing to the registry, what good does it do? It'll just be an annoyance--she doesn't have any idea what she should allow or shouldn't allow. And why they didn't install the full campus version of Virus Scan is beyond me--they left the 30 day trial from Dell. Huh? Our campus license specifically allows for faculty, staff, and students to install (for free) Virus Scan on both work and personal machines. So while I was getting rid of the whole Dell trial version and installing the real version, Windows decided that would be a good time to install a Java update. And of course, two things won't install at the same time, so the McAfee installer griped and said it needed to wait on the Windows installer. Fine. But then when I clicked for the McAfee installer to resume, it farted around for a few minutes and then failed.

And yes, now here laptop is hosed. Slow as molasses and completely unusable. She brought it in yesterday but didn't have the installation CDs with her. So today I get to reformat a brand new laptop. What fun.

And you know, I've always thought in the back of my head that I need to learn more about Windows maintenance and troubleshooting. That I need to become more proficient with the registry and things like that. You know, for my career and stuff.

No way.

I hate to sound like a typical "Mac person," but Windows stinks. I mean, it really is a turd. And the blame doesn't lie completely with the operating system, but with all of the crappy third-party software that can easily be schlepped together, but nobody bothers to see what it will screw up before it is released into the wild. Edit the registry? Are you kidding me? Why not a checkbox for "start this program each time the computer starts"? Or even a "start up items" directory?

I guess I should just feel fortunate that my bosses are open-minded enough to let me use whatever computer platform I want. (And to let me use Linux for our servers instead of IIS...). And yes, one of them in particular tends to take playful jabs at me and the fact that I use a Mac, but ask me whose computer is #$@%ed up all the time and whose isn't. Anyone? Bueller?


My poor geerow is home sick today. There's nothing to make you feel more powerless than having a sick kid.

Oh, hey--I finally got remote desktop working on my PC at home. It's actually kind of cool. And yes, it is MUCH better than trying to use Virtual PC. Actually, I only tried it from my Mac at home so I don't know how well it will work from here. I'll have to mess with that shortly...

Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 1:50 pm
Mood: Irritated | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Winter Cleaning

Well, the Nerdrium doesn't necessarily look any less cluttered at the moment, although I did throw a whole bunch of stuff away yesterday. Some items of note:

--Office 98 for OS 8
--Asante NuBus Ethernet Drivers
--Full set of install floppies for Windows 95
--Windows 3.1 Boot Disk
--Software Install CD for Powermac 7200
--Software Install CD for Powermac 6100,7100,8100
--RedHat Linux 8.0 Installer Startup Floppy
--Software from Rev. D iMac (including PageMill 3.0!)
--Broken Dell Keyboard
--Dell Mouse (with the ball missing...)

Like I said, it is still kind of a mess in here, but I think I sort of made it messier in order to clear away some things, and now I should be ready to put it back together and have it look nice.

Or something.

Today I'm hooking up a couple of wireless routers--1 for one of my bosses (he's having surgery in a few days and will be stuck at home for a good while so he wants to be able to more around his house with his laptop), and 1 for our group secretary. At least it will make for a short day (and I made both of them buy Linksys routers, so theoretically I should have everything set up and working in a few minutes. Theoretically...)

Okay, I need to take the garbage out and then head to work.

Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006, 12:56 pm
Mood: Content | 2 comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Diet Woes

I really need to clean up the Nerdrium today. There is junk everywhere.

Thursday I successfully ordered from the left side of the Jimmy John's menu, but I had a bit of a setback on Friday. Try as I might to order a regular burrito, "super" still managed to sneak past my lips. Boy was it good though...

I have not, however, gotten up and eaten at 4:00 in the morning the past few days (this morning included). I think I'm really in a mode where I'm eating out of habit, and not because I'm hungry. I did this before and I need to do it again, and stick with it this time...

Well my dad came down yesterday and picked up his new iMac. He was totally thrilled. We went to lunch at a restaurant/candy store on Main Street in Tuscola. It was actually pretty good. My patty melt was awesome. The potato salad was, well, it was okay. Let's just say that potato salad is one of those things where I like it when my wife makes it, but anyone else's potato salad just isn't the same (especially when people, like this candy place, add non-normal-potato-salad ingredients trying to make their salad "special" or something). At any rate, we had a good time, and my dad was happy to then be one his way back home with his new computer.

Last night the redhead and I dropped the kids off with the in-laws and went out to dinner at an Italian place called Tuscany. She was actually very proud of me because I ordered something other than the "italian platter" with plain lasagna, some spaghetti, a meatball, etc. I can't for the life of me remember what the name of what I ordered was, but it was shrimp, and mussels, and calamari, and clams, in red sauce over angel hair pasta. Well, did I mention that the breadsticks were good and that I really enjoyed the salad? (And it wasn't Tuscany's fault about my dinner--I just shouldn't have ordered that. Like eating rubber bands...). The kids were each excited to try some when we got home (I'm sure that Al just wanted to try calamari because of Admiral Ackbar--you know, who is a "Mon Calamari"--from Return of the Jedi...). Anyway.

Twenty minutes until the grocery store opens. What to make for breakfast....

Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 11:39 am
Mood: Not Too Bad | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Offensive Comics, Take Two

I'm still irritated about this whole "offensive" comic situation. I don't know why it bothers me so much--perhaps just the fact that the news keeps talking about it. The two editors of the student paper on campus that decided to print the comics were suspended a few days ago, but as an "alum" of the newspaper (I worked in the advertising department when I was in college) I was privy to an e-mail that was sent by the publisher yesterday that claimed the comics had nothing to do with the suspension, and that the editors were instead suspended because since January they have been reprimanded several times for making decisions without talking to the rest of the editorial staff, and that the comic thing was just the final straw. In other words, they were suspended for running the comics...

Now some Australian paper is publishing more images from the Abu Ghraib prison. Groan.

You know what? If we're going to get in trouble for running "offensive" images, let's re-run the picture of the plane slamming into the second Wolrd Trade Center tower. That's offensive. How about showing Daniel Pearl having his frickin' head chopped off. Let's remember why all of this sillyness is going on in the first place.

I don't want to hear any more about the stupid comics. Slamming a plane into a building and killing thousands of people is offensive. A black-and-white picture, no matter what it depicts, is hardly reason to burn buildings to the ground. "Oh, it's a peaceful religion." I think once again we are seeing the "true colors."

Sorry for the rant. Sheesh.

Posted: Friday, February 17, 2006, 10:41 am
Mood: Half-Irritated | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

When It Rains It Pours

Golly, I'm funny.

So here I am lamenting that I wish Spring was here. So badly that I wrote a dorky few lines of PHP that tell me (us?) exactly how much longer we have to go until Spring.

It was 61 degrees outside today in East Central Illinois. And as I was driving home they announced a tornado warning on the radio. By the time I got the kids and got home and cracked open a beer the damn siren in town started going off.

Good. I'm glad I asked for Spring. 60 degrees and a thunderstorm with tornadoes. Just what the doctor ordered....

At any rate, there weren't any funnel clouds around here, the storm tore through and lasted for, well, not very long, and things are fine now. The biggest hassle (as always) is unplugging 3 computers every time the weather gets like this. Oh well.

Is it Friday yet? Drat--one more day of work...

Posted: Friday, February 17, 2006, 12:37 am
Mood: Happy | 2 comments | Article URL | Post a comment

RSS is Cool!

I just learned how to get Firefox to do a "live bookmark" thing for my silly blog (and now Safari shows the little "RSS" icon in the address bar as well...).

How cool!

Not that there's really necessarily any reason for their to be an RSS feed for this mundane drivel, but all in the name of learning stuff I guess.

Ooh. I need to get the redhead's acceptance letter over to her new place of employement. (After, of course, turning in my yearly "why do we need to keep you working here?" report to the main office...)

Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006, 2:28 pm
Mood: Excited | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Hmm. I'm title-less this morning. In fact, I'm not even sure what the heck I was going to write about.... I guess I'm all thrown off by the fact that I'm wide awake at 3:00 a.m. and not 4:00 a.m....

The reason I'm awake? Lightning. Dang it. It certainly wasn't a all-hell-breaking-loose storm, but dad's new iMac was plugged in downstairs and I'd sure hate for it to get zapped. Of course, my concern wasn't that great, because I left all of my computers plugged in and running. As luck would have it, after I turned his iMac off and unplugged it, I never saw another flash or heard another thunderous boom. Thunderous? At least if I'm going to have to get out of bed and mosey downstairs and unplug a computer, the least the storm could have done would have been to keep it up for a few more hours....

Oh, speaking of that iMac, it is very cool.

And I have a feeling that my concerns over universal binaries and "Rosetta" are going to be mostly unfounded. This thing is so much faster than the old G3 iMac that even at half-speed (which is theoretically pretty close to how fast the Rosetta-using applications will run), everything seemed very, very quick. I'm sure that we might notice a slight performance drop doing a 2.7 pixel Gaussian blur on a 5 x 7 color photograph (at 1200 ppi), but of course, my dad doesn't do stuff like that with his computer.

My wife got the silent treatment at work today. Groan. How completely childish can people behave? If nothing else, it proves beyond a reasonable doubt that getting the hell out of Dodge was the right thing to do. Woo hoo, honey!

I took stock of the salsa situation this morning. I only have four jars left. Apparently I've been a bit liberal with giving jars of it away and bringing it over to other people's houses, etc. Not that that's a bad thing--I'm not complaining (I think). I'm glad that I've been able to share it. I guess I just thought I would have more left at this point. Summer (and more tomatoes) is still a ways away. This year I am going to be a canning machine. I'm looking forward to it!

So I'm not exactly sure what prompted this, but yesterday I decided to see if I can do something about my eating disorder. Yeah, I know--"disorder" is a somewhat scary word. And it may be a bit melodramatic (hey, I'm honest), but I think it is true. Here's my problem (I think, and when explained to my therapist she seemed to agree): at one point, right before I dropped out of college, I was out of money and literally didn't get to eat very much. I ate a lot of plain McDonald's hamburgers because I could get them for 59 cents (or something like that). Yuck. And I think now that I'm well past that point in my life, I still have it somewhere deep down inside that I'm afraid of being hungry. (And yes, I realize that there are people in the world, and probably in this town, that are truly starving--I'm not at all trying to diminish that fact by whining about my personal situation. My personal situation is pretty much what I know about, though...). And because of that, I eat too much. If given the option between small, medium, and large, I pick large. I choose from the right side of the Jimmy John's menu, even though the "smaller" sandwiches on the left side will fill me up just fine. I get a "giant" gyro on Tuesday, even though I'm sure a large, or even medium, would do the trick. And the reason that there's a problem with this is that I'm absolutely stuffed afterwards, and I don't need to be that way. And what makes me so acutely aware of this is that I can spend the entire time walking to Zorba's, talking with Tod, and thinking "I'm only going to get a large. I'm only going to get a large." And then as soon as I place my order, lo and behold, I've ordered a "giant."

I need to stop this behavior. I'm not in control of my food intake, and we all know just how much I like having control. What can I do to convince myself that if I don't stuff myself to death that I won't be hungry? I need to be ordering from the left side of the Jimmy John's menu. I need to be ordering a large instead of a giant. Here's what brought this up--we ate at Chipotle yesterday, and I mentioned that I liked eating at places "like that" because they only have one size. There is no small, medium, or large. I'm not faced with a decision, so I just eat what everyone else eats. There's no guilt after the fact (is that true? Do I really feel "guilty" after eating too much? Hmm--must internalize that for a while...). I think we'll probably eat at Jimmy John's for lunch tomorrow, and I'm going to do everything I can to order from the left side of the menu, and not the right. (Besides, I'll save a dollar, right?) The true test will be if I can order a regular instead of a super burrito on Friday. I don't know that I'm strong enough to go that far at this point. I mean, small steps, right? Anyway. This is silly to be moaning about, but the whole point to this silly blog was so that I'd keep myself honest. And I honestly need to quit gorging myself at lunch. I'm not starving and I'm not out of money. I need to order a reasonable amount of food and be fully aware that if I'm "starving" in three hours I can always go get something else to eat because I have plenty of money. That's the kicker. That's what my brain needs to get my stomach to understand. Or something.

Well, it's only 3:20 a.m. Not really a point in time where I can get up "for the day." I suppose I ought to head back to bed and see if I can't get some more sleep. Zzzzz...

Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006, 9:24 am
No comments | Article URL | Post a comment


So I'm buying a new computer for my dad today (I'm assuming that campus stores will have them in stock...). That leaves me with the RAM and hard drive from his old computer. And as luck would have it, I had one more spot open for a 512 meg stick in my G4 (I'm glad I had him order PC133 RAM way back when even though the iMac only needs PC100...). So one of the final upgrades that I can make to my Quicksilver is now complete--I'm full of RAM at 1.5 gigs.

I need more storage, however. I was going to buy one or two 120 gig drives to replace the two 40 gig drives. I realize I can get bigger drives and use the SpeedTools driver thing to make multiple partitions, but quite frankly, that set-up makes me nervous. I'd rather get two drives that are inside the 128 gig range and be happy with that.

But now I have this 300 gig drive. So what's my other option? A card from Sonnet, of course. So I priced one today--they're a hundred bucks! Holy moley. However, it occurred to me that buying another hard drive will be that much as well. And this way I could leave the two 40 gig drives installed and just use the 300 gig for storage.

Then I start thinking about the video situation. I've had aspirations for a while to replace my monitor with a couple of 19" flat panels. The great part about my having waited is that the prices keep going down further and further. But I'm going to have to buy a new video card. And I was going to buy VGA-based flat panels (they are cheaper and I'm sure that I won't be able to tell the difference). And ATI still makes a card that has one DVI and one VGA port and can run two monitors (with the adapter, of course) but... it's a PCI card. It's not like I use that computer to play Quake or anything, but I think on an OCD level I would prefer to replace the AGP card rather than adding a PCI card and still having the AGP card. Although... I could always get THREE flat panels and run one off of the crappy nVidia card that came with the machine. Hmmm....

Hmm. I started this post thinking in terms of "at what point do I just give up and get a brand new machine." But really, this isn't as expensive as I thought. The flat panels don't count--they have nothing to do with the actual machine. And I would have spent $100 on a new hard drive, so what difference does it make if I spend $100 on a Sonnet card instead? So I'm spending another $100 on a video card. I don't have to pay for the RAM upgrade, and I got a free 300 gig drive. So I'm really only spending $200.

And I really, really don't want to buy a G5 at this point, and have it be obsolete in a few years.

I'm I over-analyzing this a bit much? Probably. Okay, I'm going to go back to bed and see if I can get another hour of shut-eye. And maybe all these issues will work themselves out in my head while I sleep. Sigh.

Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006, 11:16 am
Mood: Pensive | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

It's Dead, Jim.

Well I did what I could. But Dad's iMac is dead. I don't know if it is the logic board, or the memory controller or something with USB. But the mouse and keyboard freezing thing even happens when booted from the "Apple Hardware Test" CD. Yep. Halfway through the test I can't move the mouse anymore. I tried different RAM, different keyboards, different mice, different USB ports, etc., etc. Zapped the PRAM, did the motherboard reset switch thing. I don't know what else I can do.

I just called and gave him the bad news. So it looks like I'll be going to the campus Micro Order Center and getting him one of those fancy new 17" iMacs with "Intel Inside." That iMac was getting a bit long in the tooth anyway. Plus now I don't have to screw around with his LaCie external CD burner because the new iMac comes with a Superdrive. (Well, and I get to keep the 300 gig drive and the two 512 sticks of PC133 RAM...). I told him I'd swap out the 300 gig drive for the 160 in the new iMac but, d'oh! Duh. The new drive is SATA, not ATA. How nice for me.

I'm sure dad isn't thrilled. And heck, he can afford it so I don't know what I'm worried about...

And this will work out well. I can install all the necessary software like Office, etc., and configure his Internet settings, and set him up with a static IP address. And when he brought the iMac down he brought EVERYTHING--his printer, his external drive, his cable modem, his router. "Dad, I told you that you didn't have to bring all of this stuff..." But now that I have his router I can do all the port-forwarding settings. Then I can send him on his merry way. Plug THIS plug into the wall. Plug THIS plug from the ethernet port to the router. I'll have to get little round colored stickers for him. How Gateway-esque.

In other news, I went and picked up the "offer letter" for the redhead's new job today. What a cool building. I'm almost jealous. Actually, I took a picture--let me go get the camera out of my car...

Pretty cool, huh? I sure wish I worked in a cool new building....

The weather is actually quite nice today. I'm going to celebrate by cooking burgers on the grill. Mmm. Burgers...

Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 10:37 pm
Mood: Frustrated | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Dang Computers...

For the past few weeks I've been dealing with a computer problem. And it is a quite problematic problem indeed, because it's my dad's computer.

Now, way back when I travelled up to the 'burbs and gave his iMac a static IP address, and told his router to port forward the SSH port to that address. I made myself an administrator account, and headed back home. So, when he has problem, all I need to know is the IP address from his cable company (presuming that it changes from time to time because the cable company is running DHCP...). I made a simple php page where he can go and click a button and it e-mails me his IP address. Easy enough, right?

So a month or so ago he turned on his iMac, it got to the log-in screen, and as soon as he moved the mouse the GUI went away and a terminal window appeared. I probably have talked about this already ("What the hell is 'Darwin?'" he asked me...).

I did some online research and didn't really find any sort of solution that could be enabled without my driving up there. One of the suggestions had something to do with a full hard drive, and knowing that he had a 20 gig drive and that it often approaches maximum capacity thanks to a certain person and his urban rap iTunes songs, I told him to go buy a bigger drive, and we'd start from scratch with Tiger.

That didn't work. So we did Panther again. And a week later the machine was screwed up again. So he drove down to our house and dropped it off.

After removing a stick of RAM I was finally able to get Tiger to install (I had tried it three or four times previously with no luck). Easy enough, right? It's a RAM problem. Piece of cake--he has the receipt, we'll just send it back.

Well, of course the machine sees his new 300 gig drive as a 128 because of Apple's old crappy ATA100 bus (or whatever it is). I looked into the Speed Tools partitioning driver, but apparently using that on a machine that has a single hard drive is a pain in the neck (that is, it's more for people that have multiple drives, and can boot from a "normal" drive and then "partition" a secondary, large drive).

Oh, so after installing Tiger and restarting, the stupid thing had forgotten the time. Great. Dead battery.

But... that made me nervous. A bad stick of RAM and now the battery is dead too? So I went to Radio Shack yesterday (2 of them, actually, because the first one didn't have any in stock) and bought a new 3.3 volt lithium battery. I replaced the battery, started the machine, set the time, then shut it down for 20 minutes and restarted--and it was keeping the time.

That made me feel a little bit better. Momentarily. After dinner I came downstairs, moved the mouse (and the laser light brightened up as they do when they are "doing something") but the screen didn't wake up. Uh... So I hit a key on the keyboard. That woke up the machine. But the cursor wouldn't move. And now the light was out completely on the mouse. And the keyboard was unresponsive. I unplugged them both and plugged them both back in. Nope.

I forced it to restart. After going upstairs and having a beer I came back down, and sure enough, the mouse and keyboard were no long responsive.

I have a very bad feeling that "new computer" is the next step. Tonight I will remove the other stick of RAM and put in a stick that I know to be good, swap out the keyboard and mouse, and I bet you a cookie that it will still not work properly.

So then I start looking at new iMacs, with the Intel Duo Core whatever it is chip. Apparently any non-Apple applications (with universal binaries) have to run through Rosetta. Photoshop, Office, etc. He's not a big Photoshop user, but he does use Word.

After reading a few reviews, most importantly this one at MacWorld I am starting to think that having my dad test out a new hardware configuration probably isn't the best plan of attack.

But the G5 iMacs cost $200 more (I know, it has a bigger screen and bigger hard drive). And I really hesitate to buy something that we know is going to be obsolete, even if it is just for my dad, who doesn't go charging out the door to the store every time a newer version of Photoshop is released.

Hmm. What to do, what to do.

Maybe I'll just tell him to call Dell.

Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 4:39 pm
Mood: Curious | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Baby, baby, I'm gonna start to rant...

I'm not sure why this has manifested itself so strongly this morning...

...but I'm really getting sick of hearing about celebrities, well, and especially their marriages.

Lance Armstrong is not my hero. He had a perfectly good wife, but then he became too cool for her, or something. And I admit--I don't know the full story. But he had a wife. A wife that stood by him. And then all of a sudden he was famous and lost a nut and was then hanging out with Cheryl Crow (who I admit I don't like for other reasons--"Leaving Las Vegas" is one of the most irritating songs ever performed, and, well, she's also one of those left-wingers who the media thinks I should listen to and agree with just because she's a "famous" singer--as if musicians know better than the rest of us...).

"Parade" magazine--a not-magazine-sized insert in the Sunday newspaper--had a huge story this weekend about Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, and how Garth had known for 18 years that this was the woman he was destined to be with. Uh, excuse me? For 17 of those 18 years he was married to someone else. How ridiculous. "Well, I got married to this person, on a whim, but then decided 17 years later that my destiny is somewhere else." Puh-leeze. Marriage isn't something to be stepped into lightly, and I fear that so many moronic "celebrities" get married "just because." No, I don't have any respect for Garth Brooks either. (Or Trisha Yearwood who I think is on her seventh or eighth marriage at this point...)

Not to sound totally stupid, and make this seem much more overblown than it really is, but to put it bluntly... I love my wife. I don't ever foresee not loving her. I can't fathom that. Looking for a partner is no longer something that I expend energy on--I found the perfect person for me, and I have no desire to change the current situation.

Amy Grant is the biggest hypocrite of them all.

Baby, baby, I screwed my husband o-ver...
He was perfectly nice but I thought I could do bet-ter.
NowIfoundVinceGill who's such a frickin' do-ork...
(Okay, I don't have anything to rhyme with "dork"...)

And she was a "Christian" singer before she became a bubble gum pop star. Gr-oan.

Ah, what fun. The stuff that my brain poops out at 4:00 a.m....

Happy Hallmark Holiday Day!

Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 10:17 am
Mood: Pretty Good | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Better Mood

So a friend of mine commented to his wife a week or so back (who then passed the comment to my wife) that he was wondering what was up with me, because I've been a whole lot less gloomy lately. I've been less angry, overall. I've been calmer, for the most part.

Apparently he wasn't the only one who has noticed. (I hadn't noticed, until it was pointed out to me...). What's happening?

Is it the St. John's Wort? I still think that's just a placebo, no matter how many "we think it might improve mood..." independent tests have been done. Therapy? Perhaps. We've made a lot of progress lately talking about what is and (more importantly) isn't my fault (on a galactic scale). Why I shouldn't lose sleep over what I can't control. That my mother would approve of me now if she were still around. Money? Well, that would be an obvious answer, but this whole "change" (pardon the pun) started before any of the raise business started. I think this goes beyond money.

I've changed a couple of things as well. I don't really participate in any sort of on-line discussions any more. I used to get all worked up about politics and terrorism and everything else. And to what end? All it did was make me miserable. Why waste my (proverbial) breath? People are going to believe all sorts of different things. And as far as I'm concerned, the best approach is still to listen to all of the different sides and points of view, digest that information, and then decide for myself what the "answer" is. And I used to get into too many discussions with people who had whatever idea they had come up with in their head. And in situations like that, I think the best thing to do is believe what I want, and let them believe what they want. Why argue about it? If I wanted to argue, I'd argue with Jeff, and I don't really have any desire to argue with him about anything either. What's the point? I stopped using IRC as well. I had participated in a number of different "channels." Why get upset about what any of those people think? So just because someone has used IRC forever somehow that means that they know more about (insert any subject here). Uh, no. But why argue with them? There's no point. I don't need to be talked to like a little kid. I'm probably elaborating more than I need to--the point is, I have plenty of friends, and I love my family very much. I don't need validation from a bunch of people that I know "from the Internet." And I'm not saying that I think less of anyone that I've ever known from the 'net, I'm just saying that I don't need to engage them in discussion for hours a day every single day about touchy subjects. And I'm not saying that I don't ever want to talk to those people ever again either, but firing up an IRC client or a browser pointed to one of various forums first thing every day is no longer high on my to-do list. Sure, I keep in contact with a couple of what I consider "good" friends that I've met on the Internet, but that's going to be about the extent of it.

And I think that has reduced my stress level significantly. Maybe I'm just slowing down altogether because I'm getting older. Maybe I am starting to see the forest for the trees (although I still don't understand exactly what that means....).

There was a saying once about accepting things one cannot change, having the courage to deal with the things one can change, and the wisdom to know the difference between the two--I think I'm starting to act more that way, and I think it is serving me well. Anyway.

I think I'm going to make a special dinner for the redhead tonight... Sure, we celebrated with Tod and Margaret on Saturday, but chili and soup and sandwiches, while quite good, isn't "celebrating" (even if we did go through five bottles of red wine...). (And no, my dear redhead, I'm not bringing home a lobster--I know full well that Em has a piano lesson tonight and that it needs to be something quick. Trust me....)

In geek news... I got all of the log analyzing done this morning. Analog is quite configurable--it's pretty cool. And I commented the heck out of my configuration file so that next year I won't have to "re-learn" any of this. How cool for me!

Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006, 7:50 pm
Mood: Happy | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Spring Is Coming!

I know, I know--it's still freezing outside. We actually got some snow over the weekend. But I can feel that we're hurtling toward the Vernal Equinox. I actually thought I was running behind this morning because at 6:15 a.m. it was already quite bright outside. I've been used to it being pitch black on the way to work. I can't wait for Spring this year!

Sometimes I'm such a dunce. Last week I needed to output web statistics for the various people that have entire sites, or sections of sites, that are on the server I maintain. And since I only do this once a year, I kind of need to re-teach myself every year. I use Analog. And knowing that I was going to have to be home with sick kids on Friday, I thought that I could just work on the log files from home.

Six gigs worth of log files....

Fortunately they zipped down to something a bit more manageable in size (~400 megs or so?).

Well, needless to say, there is a noticeable difference between my dual 2.0 GHz G5 at work (with 6 gigs of RAM) and my poor 733 MHz Quicksilver G4 at home. For starters, I began concatenating all of the log files for a particular virtual host, and quickly filled up my primary hard drive (oops). And concatenating them took forever. So I just gave up and figured I'd hurry in early this morning and get working on it. Of course, I just now finished putting all of the IPM logs into a single file and thought "Gee, you know what? I wonder if Analog's configuration will let me use a wildcard character so that I don't have to concatenate all of these files..."

Duh. Moron. Sigh....

Well, I have more to talk about, but I need to get Analog cranking, so I'll write more later...

Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006, 1:17 pm
Mood: Happy | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

When It Rains It Pours!


I mentioned a while back that I had asked my boss for a substantial pay increase, and that it appears that is actually going to happen later this year. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

Well a week or so ago I was walking to lunch with my pal Tod. He told me that a friend of his that used to work with him at his last job had sent him an e-mail. Her brother used to work at the big U, and now owns a tech start-up company that is in one of the buildings at the new University Tech Research Park (or whatever it is called). At any rate, it had been just four guys for a couple of years, but they are really starting to grow so the owner asked his sister to quit her job and come work for him to be the HR person. Well, when she showed up you can imagine what she found--a company making a bunch of money, with four geeks at the helm. And one of her tasks was that she needed to more than double their number of programmers, from 4 to 10. She decided she needed an administrative assistant. So in addition to asking Tod about an leads on programmers (because they are spun off from the University, one of the rules is that they can't hire anyone away from the University...) she asked him if he knew anyone that might be interested in the administrative assistant job, because she didn't want to advertise in the paper and then have to sift through hundreds of applications....

I said "Tod, I realize that I'm not on the same tier of geek that you are, but don't you think I'm a bit overqualified for an administrative assistant job." Okay, we're nerds, but we both got a good laugh out of that one.

I asked the redhead that night what she'd think of it, and she was excited. I'll get into why her current job sucks in a later post--I'm too excited to talk about it now.

She interviewed yesterday. She got the job offer today. No more dead-end job at City Hall.

And (here's the best part) it is a five-figure increase in pay. Yep. That's five numbers to the left of the decimal. We were stunned. We are stunned.

It's going to be a good weekend. Woo hoo!

Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006, 5:51 pm
Mood: Ecstatic! | 1 comment| Article URL | Post a comment

Oh boy...

It appears that the Daily Illini, the student newspaper at the big U, has gone ahead and published the cartoons that have caused the recent worldwide riots. I have been secretly hoping that the DI would have the guts to publish the images, and I'm happy that they have chosen to do so. Even if the Chancellor has already griped to them about it.

Anyway. I think I'm going to actually try to go to bed and get some sleep before I start getting into anything too political....

Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006, 8:01 am
Mood: Intrigued | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Understanding My Radar

I've decided, after much discussion with my wonderful therapist, that I do not indeed really have "real" OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). I do some things that make it seem like I do have OCD, but when it comes right down to it, I (we?) don't think that it is really OCD. Anyway.

We have a "situation" right now. It's the cryptic thing that I am stubbornly refusing to talk about until tomorrow when the e-mail shows up in my wife's inbox stating that the deal is actually in place. You know, the whole rain shower thing...

There's going to be some backlash when this "situation" unfolds, and my radar has been going berzerk. Heh, I'm like the stupid WOPR from War Games.

Rather than wait to see what is going to happen, my mind instead invents a scenario. Then I determine a response for that scenario. And then I determine what the outcome will be after my response. Then I consider an alternate response, and calculate that outcome. After I have thoroughly exhausted all possible responses to the invented scenario, I invent another scenario. And start picking responses and outcomes. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. ad infinitum. That is my problem. That is my hell. And I can't stop it. It's 1:00 a.m. And I can't sleep. This scenario may take hours to run its course.

Anyway. I managed to replace the front panel piece thing on the microwave door last night. I've just been a 1337 home do-it-yourselfer the past few days. Here's some obligatory pictures....

No more cracks in the microwave door!

New faucet--no more leaking water all over the place!

No leaks for the new washing machine either!

Well, hopefully the stupid radar will calm down enough for me to get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow may very well be a big day for us...

Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006, 7:16 am
Mood: Wired | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

And the Waiting... the hardest part...

Hopefully we'll have an answer by the end of the day. And hopefully I can reprise my last post's title... This waiting is completely uncomfortable.


I hooked up the new washing machine last night. It sure is fancy. And the drum inside is huge. The machine itself actually even looks smaller than the old one (it really isn't) but the inside is much, much bigger. Quite an uneventful installation, which was nice.

I even managed to install the new kitchen faucet as well. I'm very, very happy about that.

Hopefully the panel for the microwave door will actually arrive today (it was listed as "out for delivery" yesterday but we never got it--today it is updated with the current date, and is still "out for delivery).

Oop. Tod is finished with his meeting, so I'm off to lunch!

Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006, 5:15 pm
Mood: Anxious | 1 comment| Article URL | Post a comment

When It Rains It Pours

A while back I installed a new microwave at our house. After a while a crack appeared in the outer plastic door cover part. Then another crack. Now you have to pull the door open using just the top part of the handle lest that gets snapped off.

I found the part I needed, but it was backordered from that-site-that-I-linked-to-before-that-caused-the-blogspam, which is odd, because they seemed to have it for every other make, model, and color of GE microwave. I even looked on GE's web site, and they didn't have it in stock either (although they had every single other part for the door in stock). Which worried me--so mine must not be an isolated incident... At any rate, I ordered it from the first place and figured I'd just be patient.

Over the weekend I managed to break the kitchen faucet, which has also been quickly deteriorating (it's the kind that has a single handle, and the the faucet doubles as a pull-out sprayer)--it has been leaking when you turn it on for quite some time now, but over the weekend I went to shut it off and the (badly engineered) really-small metal lip that serves as the fulcrum for the lever snapped off. So basically you have to manually push down on the center of the top of the stem to shut the water off. And of course, now water pours out everywhere when you have the faucet on. The redhead gets paid Friday, and I figured I'd deal with that this weekend.

So then last night the washing machine decided that it had lived a life that was long and fulfulling enough, so it breathed its last breath as well. Well, sort of. It's more like it has alzheimers. Turn it on, it fills with water, starts agitating, then kind of forgets what it is doing and just stops. I can then manually click it one notch at a time and that won't wake it back up until I get about 2/3rds of the way around the dial (out of "normal wash," all the way through the "permanent press" cycle, and almost halfway through "delicate") and then I can get it to start spinning and empty the water. So it isn't the pump, nor the drive motor, nor the thingy on the back that lets the water in (which I've replaced before so I know all about how that works). My best guess is that the timing unit is screwed up. But one of those costs $85--more if I buy it locally. And then that doesn't guarantee that it will fix the problem.

So it looks like I'm headed to Lowe's after therapy this afternoon for a new washer and a new faucet (I'm getting stainless steel this time, and probably a different brand than Moen...).

Oh, I almost forgot. The door part for the microwave shipped last night and is scheduled to arrive this afternoon. So between the washing machine, the new faucet, and the microwave, it looks like I'm going to have a busy evening.

But nothing else needs to be breaking any time soon.

And I know this is overly cryptic (for a total skeptic I sure can be stupidly superstitious sometimes...), but I really, really hope that I can title a post tomorrow afternoon just like I titled this one. I hope.

Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006, 2:41 pm
Mood: Blah | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

February 6th

Today is one of my two "bad days" of the year. My mom died 21 years ago today.

And I "decided" yesterday that I'm not going to let today be a "bad day." This has gone on long enough. I can miss her and grieve and remember her fondly, but there's absolutely no need for me to be a feeling-sorry-for-myself puddle for the rest of the day.

There. Now that that's out of the way....

Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006, 1:40 pm
Mood: Indifferent | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

I Hate My Radar

I'm going nuts right now. I'm totally anxious, totally stressed. And why? Who knows.

I finished up almost all of my freelancing work this morning. Gosh--I don't even feel like writing this post...

I can't even explain in words how I feel right now. I don't have any desire to play any sort of computer game. I don't have any desire to watch television--basketball or otherwise. I don't want to work on the house (I don't know that I even have anything I can work on right now--meaning, anything small enough to occupy myself for the afternoon but nothing major like replacing the entire floor...).

I have no idea what my problem is. The redhead gets paid Thursday, and we have plenty of money. I don't have anything work-related that I need to be stressed about.

I really don't like this feeling. I am absolutely coming out of my skin right now, and there's nothing I can do about it...

Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006, 9:16 pm
Mood: Anxious | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

My Reward

I've been "threatening" this for a year or so now, but I think we're a lot closer to this idea becoming reality.

A year or so ago we unloaded the stupid minivan, the redhead started driving the Aurora, and I set out to get a "work car" (with some help from my father-in-law, of course).

The whole idea of this scenario was to avoid having a car payment--the van was paid for and so is the Aurora. Again, with a little help from the father-in-law I purchased a 1995 Grand Prix without having to go to the bank and ask for a loan. I give Papa the last $300 payment in a couple of months...

And now with this raise the plan unfolds even further... Here's what I want:

I'm giving up on the American car thing. And I'm actually not losing any sleep over it. Yeah, it costs more to replace minor parts on a foreign car, but they seem to suffer fewer completely debilitating issues like cracked head gaskets, thrown rods, screwed-up transmissions, etc. So Lexus it is. I'm excited!

The other cool part of this is that the "red car" (the Grand Prix) isn't going anywhere far from here. I've already talked to Papa and we're going to get a tarp and sock the car away in a corner of one of the farm sheds. The tires are almost new. I just replaced the brakes on all four wheels. I replaced the starter last fall. Other than the fact that the display on the radio doesn't work, there's nothing else wrong with it. And yeah, my son is only 10 years old, but I already have a car for him for when he turns 16. And he and his sister are just going to have to share. (Well, because I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to keep the Aurora alive...)

Mmm. Lexus....

Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006, 12:18 pm
Mood: Tired | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment


Sometimes I am just so confused.

And this post is going to ramble, ramble, ramble, because I'm basically doing a brain dump, and maybe if I pour all of this garbage out of my head and onto the ground, I'll be able to look at it and make sense of it.

For all intents and purposes, this should have been a good week. One of the best weeks ever. I think. Again, it hurts to be cryptic, but I probably shouldn't go into too much detail but let's just say that Thursday I asked for my cake, and asked to eat it too, and my boss said "okay." I think I'm still a bit shocked. The long and short of it is that I secured myself a rather substantial pay increase. And I deserve it, of course, but still--it still hasn't sunk in.

It was a long work week. I accomplished a lot, and my brain was bleeding a bit when I got home last night. My mother-in-law's two sisters were in town (one from Denver, one from Nevada). I got home from work yesterday afternoon and was grouchy, grouchy, grouchy. Grandma called and wanted to get the kids and told me that we were invited to dinner. I had no desire to go out there for dinner. Did I mention that I was kinda grouchy? I waited for the redhead to come home, and she (my mother-in-law would insert "bless her heart") told me that I could stay home. No, I told her--I needed to go. Do the right thing. Be with the family. This is my family now too, after all.

So I sewed a button back onto my favorite pair of Levis, threw on a shirt, put on the Levis too, of course, and prepared for "family." I didn't eat much for dinner, but the redhead was smart enough to let me bring a bottle of wine so I had a couple of glasses and calmed down a bit and was actually civil. Even to the Colorado aunt, who, well, I'm not going to get into it, but she and I had a situation a few years back--many years back. Totally silly circumstances. She probably feels bad, I'm pretty sure I feel bad about it, but sometimes even things that are swept under the rug won't go away forever.

After dinner everyone was still catching up, and Grandma mentioned that I had just secured this raise at work, and so the subject turned to me and my job. Yeah, I like it. Yeah, it's going well. Yeah, I write these web applications. And then the huge error occurred--I mentioned that I was going to school. And that no, I wasn't working on a Master's degree, but that may happen in the future. I'm working on a second Bachelor's degree, but I'm not even looking far enough ahead at the degree part--(here comes the mistake)--I'm just taking my time and taking a class a semester because it doesn't cost me anything (mistake one) and I do the classwork at my office (probably the bigger mistake).

The redhead's uncle now entered the fray. I got blamed for stealing his tax money and causing tuition to go up so much every year. Yep, it was my fault. I do my school work from my office, so that means I'm not working, so I'm stealing money. I get to go to school for free, and that is why tuition goes up every year. I'm going to the Springfield campus of the U of I and I'm taking an on-line class. The tuition in Urbana has nothing to do with me. Okay, let me put it another way--there are almost 40,000 undergraduate students at the U of I taking full class loads. I'm taking one on-line class.

And you know what? I don't make all the money in the world, and that was sort of my point. Free tuition is part of the benefit that I get as an employee. Most people don't take advantage of it, but I do. I have a wonderful boss that encourages me to continue my education. So how am I doing something wrong?

I was polite. My bald head turned bright red. I bit my tongue. He went on and on, pointing a finger at me and point blank telling "the aunts" that I was stealing "his" money.

Phew. No wonder I can't sleep...

Let's not point out to anyone that just because I don't punch a time clock doesn't mean I don't earn my living. I rolled into work yesterday at 5:00 a.m. Sure, this next excuse is half-baloney, but I think it should be noted that I spend my lunch hour querying my friend Tod for answers to programming questions. Who gets up at 3:00 a.m. and works on "work" from home? I do believe I spent a few hours a couple of nights ago editing the stupid registry on my home Windows machine so I could access it from work so that I could test some back-up schemes before putting them in place for the professors I work for. I think I do my fair share. And just because it might not be 8:00 to 5:00 every single day doesn't mean I'm stealing from anyone.

I promise you that my boss thinks I'm doing a good job.

Sigh. I need to calm back down. Hopefully this "brain dump" will help me let this whole situation go. After the Uncle left last night everyone tried to talk things up and make me feel better--that is, nobody agreed with him (and I wasn't the only person who was thoroughly embarrassed by the whole thing...).


Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006, 11:33 am
Mood: Wired | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment


Oops. I'm a dummy. I don't have /home on a separate partition, so if I turn quotas on it has to be for all of /. Looks like we'll be repartitioning and reformatting a server this morning...

Oh well.

(Now where the heck are those directions for partitioning a couple of software RAID 1 volumes in Fedora....)

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006, 1:22 pm
Mood: Happy | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Happy Friday!

What a long week. But as it turns out, it ended up being a very good week as well!

I've been all sorts of busy with fun stuff at work now that the Conference registration stuff is all over and done with (it hasn't gone away completely, unfortunately, but hopefully soon we'll have the post-Conference stuff straightened out and filed away until next year...).

I finally ditched Retrospect for good from the Professors' machines. Why didn't anyone tell me that Windows XP already had a built-in backup tool that can be set to run on a schedule? Oh well--live and learn (and then get Luvs...). At least their machines will back themselves up every day now. "I can't imagine if I lost everything on my hard drive." Yeah, no kidding. If that happened I'd have to move to another country...

I think today I may actually get accounts set up on my Fedora fileserver as well. The last sticking point is that I still am not sure how to set a quota for each user. Not that it will be open to hundreds of students wanting to store gigs worth of mp3s, but I'd still like to get a quota system going. (They should be pretty big quotas--there is 320 gigs worth of disk space....)

I was able to copy all of my dad's stuff off of his iMac's hard drive the other day. So now I have another 20 gig drive. Funny that a 20 gig drive seems totally small to me now. I still can't believe that a bad stick of RAM was choking the Tiger installation. Oh well.

I had to remove the superdrive in order to get to its power connector, and I just went ahead and used a different IDE cable. At any rate...

My little tree in my office seems to be recovering nicely. It wasn't doing well at home, and we had it outside for a while and it took a tumble off of the deck and was just in generally bad shape. I still don't know exactly what the heck it is--maybe I'll walk over and see Michelle in the Plant Sciences Lab and see if she can tell me what the hell it is....

Okay, I'm in a good mood and I'm totally motivated to get to this Linux quota stuff, so I'm going to wrap this up...

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006, 1:09 pm
Mood: Awesome | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment


While I'm sure nobody will notice, I edited a post I made earlier--I was talking about something I shouldn't have been talking about, and well, now that "it" has happened, I definitely shouldn't be writing about it "publicly."

But "it" went better than I could have possibly hoped! Woo hoo!

I'm still stunned.

Sorry if this makes no sense....

Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006, 9:54 pm
Mood: Happy | No comments | Article URL | Post a comment


Yeah, I don't have a title.

Is it a good thing I'm back on "the wort?" I'm not brooding as much lately (and this isn't a scientific study, and the whole "wort thing" is probably as much psychosomatic as it is anything else....)

Dad's frickin' iMac had a bad stick of memory. And that was what stopped the Tiger installer with no lengthy warning error? I'm irritated.

Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006, 4:15 am
No comments | Article URL | Post a comment

Next 10 entries

Return to the Nerdriumblog :: Return to the Nerdrium